For more information please contact our office at (413) 786-9139
NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program for families, caregivers and friends of military service members and veterans with mental health conditions.
Based on the nationally recognized NAMI Family-to-Family program, NAMI Homefront is designed to address the unique needs of family, caregivers and friends of those who have served or are currently serving our country. The program is taught by trained family members of service members/veterans with mental health conditions.
What You’ll Gain
Recovery is a journey and there is hope for all people affected by mental health conditions. This in-person experience provides the opportunity for mutual support and shared positive impact. You will experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow.
NAMI Homefront teaches you how to:
● Learn to care for yourself, including managing your stress
● Support your family member with compassion
● Identify and access federal, state and local services
● Stay informed on the latest research and information on mental health, including posttraumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injury, anxiety, depression and substance use
● Understand current treatments and evidence-based therapies
● Navigate the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on the entire family
● Manage a crisis, solve problems and communicate effectively
Visit the VA's official Myhealthevet Page for Corona Virus information for veterans with links to other important resources.
If you are having an emergency call 9-1-1
Direct link to VA Mental Health Home: https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov/
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment and Related Conditions
NAMI Homefront: NAMI Homefront is a free, 6-session educational program for families, caregivers and friends of military service members and veterans with mental health conditions.
The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commision MRC Springfield, 243 Cottage Street, Springfield, MA
National Resource Directory 1-800-827-1000
Northwestern District Attorney
Helping Veterans and their families make the transition between military and civilian life Since 1979
To find your local Vet Center click on the logo at left, then select the locations tab on the Vet Center website.
Images from the traveling Vietnam Veteran Memorial in Bellingham MA
Upcoming Veterans Events